Smoked & Poached Lobster on Parsnip Puree & Paprika Butter Sauce
This exceptional creation combines the finest elements of land and sea, bringing together the smoky allure of Kennebunkport Lobster with the velvety elegance of parsnip puree.
If this dish is anything, it’s a celebration of the artistry and creativity that lie at the heart of exceptional cuisine. Enjoy!
Poached Lobster on Parsnip Puree & Paprika Butter Sauce
- 1 ½ pounds lobsters x 2
- 4 parsnips
- 750 millilitres heavy cream
- 225 grams butter
- 120 millilitres heavy cream
- 250 millilitres lobster reduction
- 250 millilitres Quady Essencia wine
- 125 millilitres cognac
- 10 grams lobster coral
- 1 gram paprika
- 1/2 lemon juice
- cayenne pepper
- apple wood chips
- smoking gun
- In a thick bottom pan reduce the cognac, Essencia & lobster reduction by half, add the cream & reduce by half.
- Whisk in the cold, diced, unsalted butter and reserved lobster corral.
- Season to taste with salt, cayenne pepper, paprika & a few drops of lemon juice.
- Strain and keep warm.
- Peel parsnips and dice into small pieces. Cover with cream and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain and reserve liquid.
- Place parsnips in blender, blend and slowly add reserved liquid to make a fluid purée.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Gently poach the lobster in beurre fondue until warm place on top of a streak of Parsnip Puree.
- Drizzle the paprika butter sauce around, cover & smoke using the smoking gun with the apple wood chips.