120 g Spelt flour
375 g ricotta cheese
60 g honey
Fresh lemon balm
This is an ancient recipe from the time of Homer’s Iliad and Odyssey.
How to Make Kykeon:
- Put the spelt flour in a pan with enough water to cover it.
- Add the ricotta cheese and egg, and grate a little cinnamon over the top.
- Heat the mixture to a high temperature while constantly stirring so the egg does not curdle.
- Just before the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat so that the dish simmers slightly. Continue stirring until a nice creamy mixture is obtained.
- When the dish is ready, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Cut the fresh lemon balm into small pieces and add them and the honey to the other ingredients. Stir well.
- Serve in a glass as a dessert or a drink. Decorate with some more lemon balm and top with a little cinnamon.