Mediterranean Chicken with Olives & Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
Welcome to a culinary journey through the Mediterranean! In this delectable Mediterranean chicken recipe, we bring you the enticing flavors of tender chicken breast, briny black and green olives, and aromatic rosemary roasted potatoes.
Prepare to indulge your taste buds with a symphony of Mediterranean delights and flavors.
The chicken breasts are juicy and flavorful, while the olives add a salty and tangy note that complements the chicken perfectly. The roasted potatoes soak up all the aromatic flavors and become crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, making them an irresistible side dish.
Please find the full recipe below.
Mediterranean Chicken with Olives and Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- Wash the potatoes well and cut them lengthwise, leaving the peel on, into 6 pieces. Place them in a baking tray with the rosemary, salt, pepper and 1 crushed garlic clove. Sprinkle with olive oil and cook at 180°C (356° F) for about 1 hour.
- Cut the chicken breast into large pieces and fry in a hot pan with a little cooking oil, turning when browned on one side.
- Add the thyme, a sliced garlic clove, the olives and then the wine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When the wine has reduced by half, add the tomatoes and let everything cook on low heat, until the chicken is done and the acidity reduced.
- Serve the dish by placing a chicken breast on each plate alongside a generous portion of the roasted potatoes and olives. Drizzle any pan juices over the chicken and garnish with a sprinkle of fresh herbs, if desired.
For more Mediterranean delights, check out our story on the most popular Mediterranean foods.