Easy Eggplant Pasta with Mozzarella
If you’re looking for a hearty and flavorful pasta dish packed with vegetables, look no further than eggplant and mozzarella pasta.
This dish combines the smooth and creamy texture of mozzarella cheese with the meaty and slightly sweet flavor of eggplant, creating a satisfying meal perfect for any occasion.
With its slightly sweet and umami tomato sauce, this is a true crowd-pleaser that’s easy to make and flavorful. In addition, it has the perfect combination of garlic, basil, olive oil, and sugar. With all its flavors, this dish will become a favorite in your household.
Tip: if you don’t have mozzarella in your pantry, try these mozzarella substitutes.
Enjoy this delicious eggplant pasta recipe with mozzarella cheese.
Eggplant Pasta with Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 small eggplant
- 250 g canned tomatoes (chopped)
- 100 g large ball of fresh mozzarella
- 1 garlic clove
- 15 g fresh basil
- 140 g dry pasta
- 20 ml olive oil
- 10 g sugar
- Place the tomatoes, crushed garlic (half a clove), sugar, salt and pepper together in a small saucepan. Cook to reduce acidity. When the tomato sauce is done, add half the finely chopped basil.
- Bring salted water to a boil, ass the pasta, cook until al dente.
- Cut the eggplant and mozzarella into cubes about 1.5cm (0.6 inch). Heat a little olive oil in a pan. Add the eggplant and the other half of finely chopped garlic. Add the tomato sauce and continue cooking until the eggplant softens, then add the pasta.
- Finally, add the mozzarella pieces and the rest of the fresh basil.