Black Garlic Chicken Soup (Instant Pot)
This broth is in a word: FLAVOURFUL. Black garlic lends a certain sweetness and richness to this broth that you won’t find with any other ingredient.
By using the pressure-cooker, you will reduce your cook time and get tender, fall-off-the-bone chicken. Black garlic has all the health benefits of regular garlic, but added depth and flavur.
Black Garlic Chicken Soup
- 2 whole chicken legs
- 3 medium carrots chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 onions
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ pc fresh lime
- 1/16 xanthan gum
- green onion tops
- 1 + ½ head of black garlic
- Roast the chicken legs, green onions, carrots, and onions in a tray at 425 ℉/220 ℃ for 40-60 minutes or until deep dark brown but not burnt.
- Add the roast chicken, veggies, and the rest of the ingredients to the Instant Pot (except for the lime and xanthan gum).
- Fill to the max line with cold water and turn on the sauté function for 25 minutes. Let it come to a boil.
- Skim the stock of any impurities or foam as it comes to a boil.
- Once boiled, turn off the heat. Double-check that the water is not filled past the max line. Close the lid and set on high pressure for 2 hours.
- Naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes. Manually release the rest.
- Open the lid and skim off any fat from the top. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer.
- Pass the black garlic through a tamis or mesh strainer to remove the skin. Add this, the xanthan gum and the fresh lime juice to the strained broth. Blend with an immersion blender. Check the seasoning and serve with freshly chopped green onions and some of the cooked chicken meat if desired.
Related: Homemade Chicken Stock
Related: Romanian Chicken Noodle Soup (Supă de Pui cu Tăieței)
Related: Roasted Sweet Potato Soup w/ Ginger & Cinnamon
Related: Roast Vegetable Soup with Basil
Related: Good Substitutes for Chicken Broth
Related: Asian Chicken Lime Soup