White Chocolate Panna Cotta w/ Strawberry Sorbet
Panna cotta – this classic Italian dessert goes extremely well with an acidic strawberry sorbet and pistachios, Italy’s favorite nuts.
White Chocolate Panna Cotta w/ Strawberry Sorbet & Pistachios
WHITE CHOCOLATE PANNA COTTA
- 3 leaves gelatine
- 700 grams pure cream
- 150 grams milk
- 60 grams caster sugar
- 100 grams white chocolate
- 200 grams caster sugar
- 200 grams water
- 150 grams glucose
- 4 punnets strawberries
- 1 lemon
- 100 grams pistachios
- It is best to begin this recipe the day before to allow the panna cotta to cool overnight.
White Chocolate Panna Cotta
- Soak the gelatine in a bowl of cold water.
- Combine the cream, milk, sugar in a saucepan and bring just below boiling, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Remove from the heat.
- Squeeze the gelatine to remove the excess water and add to the cream along with the white chocolate. Stir to dissolve.
- Strain the mixture through a fine strainer into a bowl over ice. Continually stir and cool the mixture to thickened but not set. Divide the thickened mixture between 8 moulds. Set in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- Combine the caster sugar water and glucose in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and cool.
- Reserve 1 punnet of strawberries. With the rest, remove the stalks and cut in half. Puree the fruit in a blender then pass through a fine sieve measure 500ml (17oz) of puree and add to it 150ml (5oz) sugar syrup and the lemon juice to taste.
- Reserve 100ml (3.4oz) of strawberry syrup for plating and churn the rest in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer instructions.
- Cut the remaining punnet of strawberries into random pieces and toss with the reserved syrup.
- Serve the panna cotta’s on large plates, spoon strawberries and juices around, scatter with pistachios and finish with a scoop of sorbet.
Related: Chocolate Raspberry Cake
Related: White Chocolate Panna Cotta w/ Strawberry Sorbet
Related: Vegan Panna Cotta with Chia Seeds and Berries
Related: Peanut Butter & Blueberry Panna Cotta (No Sugar)
Related: Panna Cotta with New Season Berry Compote
Related: Panna Cotta with Raspberries