300g okrachopped (any amount will do depending on the number of people you are making it for, however you may need to double up in the rest of the ingredients below)
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 cup fresh tomatoeschopped
1 medium spring onionchopped
3/4 cup Water
1/2 tsp Salt
1 small finger chillichopped
1/2 ground black pepper
How to Make Okra:
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the water to a boil and add the soda – it should foam up as you add it to the water.
- Add the chopped okra and whisk or beat with a wooden spoon for 3 mins.
- Add the spring onions, tomatoes, chilies, pepper, and salt and continue whisking.
- Cook for a further 3-5 mins whisking constantly.
- Put aside to cool down and serve with sadza.
- If you do not like spicy food, leave out the finger chilies as they are very hot.
- Serve with sadza and a garnish if you choose.