5 pcs cornjapanese white corn
50 gr Butter
200 gr yellow potato
100 gr Onion
1 l Water
150 gr dry beluga lentils
1 small piece cinnamon
half start anice
100 gr Marsala
5 pcs Black Peppercorns
of 1 orange Orange peel
50 gr Dry scallopssaked from the night before
20 gr kombu kelp
500 gr dill
300 gr grapeseed oil
Pan Seared Scllops:
24 pcs Hokkaido scallopsL Size
Very happy to share this amazing recipe by Chef Andrea de Paola. His Hokkaido scallops have been a huge hit on social media and we’ve gotten lots of requests for the recipe.
If you’re in Singapore, make sure to stop by Zafferano and try the original dish prepared by Chef Andrea de Paola himself. We hear the view is stunning as well!
How to Make the Corn Cream (8 portions):
- Remove the husks and silk from the ears of corn and rinse well.
- Cook the corn in boiling water for 20 mins.
- Clean the onion and cut julienne.
- Combine in a pot the onion and butter and cook over a low heat until the
onion is translucent.
- Peel and slice the potatoes and add to the pot. Add enough vegetable stock or water to cover the potatoes completely and let it simmer till the potatoes are soft.
- Remove the corn from the cobs and add to the potatoes soup. Cover and let it simmer for 10 mins.
- Using a termomix, blend for 5 mins at speed 10, and then pass through a fine sieve.
- Adjust the salt and vegetable stock to achieve a creamy texture.
How to Cook the Beluga Lentils (8 portions):
- Bring the water to a boil, add the spices and the scallops, and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the kombu kelp. Let it sit 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Strain the stock and bring to 90 C.
- In a separate pot, add the lentils and just cover with the stock. Simmer slowly for 15 minutes, adding more stock if it evaporates.
- Adjust the salt and let it cook for 5 more minutes.
- Put the lentils through a fine strainer to remove the water and then chill the lentils.
How to Make the Dill Oil:
- Blanch the dill for 30 seconds in unsalted boiling water, then chill in iced water.
- Put it through a cheese cloth to remove all the water.
- Using the thermomix, blend finely.
- Transfer the cream into a chinoix and let the dill flavored oil drip for about 1 hour.
- Keep the oil in a small squeezy bottle (do not throw out the rest of the dill as it can be used in many ways).
How to Make the Pan Seared Scallops (8portions):
- Grab a skillet, preferably cast-iron, and heat it until it’s very hot.
- Using a brash, dress each scallop and season the sides of each scallop with salt just before cooking.
- Place the scallops one by one into the pan (no more than 6 at a time to keep the temperature of the pan stable).
- Cook 1 minute on each side. Transfer to a resting grill.
How to Plate:
- Place the hot cream on the base, cut the scallops in half horizontally and place randomly on the plate. Place one teaspoon of lentils on each scallop and drizzle some dill oil.
- Garnish with your favorite microherbs.
- Serve hot!