Island Krk Lamb
- 900 g Lamb French Rack
- 50 g Butter
- 6 g Salt
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 2 g Pepper
- 2 bay leafs
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
Lamb Liver Paté
- 100 g Lamb liver
- 52 g Butter
- 15 g chopped Onions
- 1 g Pepper
- 1 g Dried garlic
- 1 g dried thyme
- 1 g Dried marjoram
- 1 g Dried juniper berries
- 1 g Dried allspice
- 35 g Vermouth
- 35 g Sweet wine
- 45 g Eggs
- 35 g heavy cream
- 14 g Flour
- 3 g Salt
- 5 g Flour
- 2 g Butter
- 0,15g Salt
- 0,7 g powdered sugar
- 5 g egg whites
Sea Kale “Na Padelu”
- 250 g Sea kale
- 100 g potatoes
- 25 g Butter
- 20 g Olive Oil
- 7 g Salt
- 4 g Pepper
- 2 g Garlic
Sea Herb Couils
- 5 g Rock samphire
- 8 g Sea Beet
- 5 g Salicornia
- 0,5g Salt
- 5 g Olive Oil
- 20g Water
- 2 g Vegetable emulsifier
Salted Anchovy Mayonaise
- 10 pieces Salted anchovies fillets
- 20 g Eggs
- 100 g sunflower oil
- lamb bonesfrom the French rack
- Lamb trimmingsfrom the lamb back
- 20 g onions
- 40 g carrot
- 5 g Garlic
- 40 g celery root
- 2 g Salt
- 30 g Butter
- 1 g Pepper
- 2dlc White Wine
Plating and Presentation
- sea kale leafsDried and pulverized
- a handful wild herbs and flowers
- Fermented sea kale leaf in wine marc
- Salted anchovy fillet
- Blanched sea herbs
How to Cook Island Krk Lamb:
- Clean and trim the lamb back of the French rack. The bones and trimmings will be used for the sauce.
- Wrap the meat in foil and vacuum it.
- Cook it sous vide at 54 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes.
- Before serving, heat the pan with oil and put the lamb back, skin side down, to get a golden crust. Then, flip it and add butter and the herbs, after which you baste it for a minute.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes and then cut off the outer parts.
How to Cook Lamb Liver Paté:
- Put all the ingredients together in a thermomix and then mix them at the highest speed until they form a homogeneous mixture.
- Put the mixture through the chinois strainer.
- Vacuum it and cook it sous vide at 96 degrees Celsius until the temperature of the mixture is at 80 degrees Celsius.
- When it is cooked, put it in ice water and then in a mixer. Mix it until you get a creamy paté.
- Before the serving, put it in a pastry bag and then, squeeze it out in the length of the crisp. Decorate the liver pate with the wild herbs and flowers. Set it on the crisp.
How to Make the Crisp:
- Put all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix them until you get a smooth texture.
- Use a little pastry spatula to spread it on a silpat using a form.
- Bake it at 190 degrees Celsius until it turns a golden color.
How to Cook Sea Kale “Na Padelu”:
- Cut the sea kale into small pieces and cook it in water until it is soft.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into small pieces and cook them until they are cooked.
- Put the aluminum pan at high heat and add olive oil and garlic. After 10 seconds, add the sea kale and potatoes, and mash them together.
- Add butter, salt and pepper, and cook until you get a beautiful side dish.
- For the serving of the sea kale when it is hot, make a ball shape and toss it in the dried pulverized sea kale leaves.
How to Make Sea Herb Coulis:
- Put all the ingredients together in the thermomix and blend them at the highest speed until you get a smooth coulis.
- Before serving, keep it refrigerated.
How to Make Salted Anchovy Mayonnaise:
- Mix the eggs and anchovies with a stick hand blender until you receive a smooth texture.
- Add, little by little, the oil until you get a mayonnaise texture.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.
How to Make the Lamb Sauce:
- Roast the trimmings and the bones together with the vegetables which are cut into small pieces, until you get a golden brown color.
- Take it out of the oven and put it on the stove at the highest heat and deglaze it with white wine.
- When the alcohol has evaporated, put all the bones and the sauce in a pot.
- Add water so that the bones are covered and cook for two hours.
- After that, strain and reduce it until you get a nice and thick sauce.
- Before serving, add butter, salt and pepper.
- First, put the liver paté in a small and high plate. Beneath the paté is the crisp and on top of the pate are beautiful wild herbs and flowers.
- For the main plate, take the fermented sea kale and put it on the right side of the plate. On top of it, we put the sea kale ball. On the left side, we plate the lamb with its skin side up and parallel to the sea kale.
- Between those two, we make a beautiful dot of salted anchovies mayonnaise and on top of it, we put a small fillet.
- Between the salted anchovies mayonnaise and the lamb back we put the lamb sauce, and between the salted anchovies mayonnaise and the sea kale we put the sea herbs coulis.
- We decorate the plate a little with blanched sea herbs.
Photo Credit: Draga di Lovrana