Mango & Passion Fruit Tart by Antonio Bachour
This delicious mango & passion fruit tart was provided by celebrity chef Antonio Bachour. Antonio is a Puerto Rican pastry chef who was voted amongst America’s ten best chefs.
He currently owns three restaurants in South Florida where you can taste his amazing creations.
Mango & Passion Fruit Tart
- 360 g butter
- 195 g confectioner's sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 90 g almond flour
- 142 g whole eggs
- 795 g flour
HAZELNUT FINANCIER BATTER
- 160 g egg whites
- 57 g a/p flour
- 180 g icing sugar
- 90 g hazelnut flour
- 25 g inverted sugar
- 150 g Noisette butter melted
- 90 g hazelnut paste
- 600 g mango purée
- 50 g sugar
- 5.5 g SOSA lota
PASSION FRUIT CREMEUX
- 6.25 g gelatin sheets silver
- 200 g egg yolks
- 125 g whole eggs
- 215 g granulated sugar
- 300 g passion fruit purée
- 250 g unsalted butter
How to Make the Sable Dough:
- Preheat oven to 160ºC/325ºF.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cut the butter into small cubes and place in a bowl.
- Add the flour, sugar, salt and almond flour and beat until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg and bring the mix together until it forms a ball.
- Roll dough to 2mm (0.08 inch) thickness between two parchment paper, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Butter small tart molds and cut dough to fit. Line and trim each mold and freeze for at least 1hour before baking for about 15 minutes until lightly golden.
How to Make Hazelnut Financier Batter:
- Combine all powders together in a mixer.
- Pour the egg whites, inverted sugar and hazelnut paste followed by the noisette butter. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Pipe ¼ of the financier inside the tart and bale 170C (340 Fahrenheit )for 6-7 minutes.
How to Make Mango Cremeux:
- Mix the sugar with the Iota and combine with the puree and heat the mixture to at least 85°C (185°F). Pour on top the financier.
- Keep in the fridge until set.
How to Make Passion Fruit Cremeux:
- Soak gelatin in ice water until softened; squeeze out excess water and set aside.
- Cook yolks, eggs, sugar and puree over a double boiler, whisking constantly until thickened (85°C or 185°F).
- Remove from heat, stir in gelatin, let cool to 35°C (95°F) and add the butter and mix.
- Keep in the fridge for 12 hours before use.
How to Assembly it:
- Pipe Passion fruit on top the tart and decorate with Fresh Mango.