Chili Garlic Prawns w/ Couscous Salad
This recipe was originally made with a spice mixture based on garlic, chili, juicy mango and fresh herbs dubbed chili garlic masala. ‘Masala’ is a term used in South Asian cuisines to describe a mixture of spices used to flavor a dish.
However, instead of the chili garlic masala you can use chili flakes and garlic.
Chili Garlic Prawns with Couscous Salad
- 40 large green prawns deveined and tails left on
- 2 tablespoons Bitton chilli garlic masala or chili & garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt
- 50 grams cous cous
- 100 milliliters water
- sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large tomato
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 mango peeled and diced
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 lemon
- lemon wedges
- baby herbs to garnish
- Place the prawns into a large ceramic bowl and add the Bitton Chilli Garlic Masala (or fresh chili and garlic), olive oil and sea salt.
- Mix well to coat them prawns.
- Cover the bowl and place in the fridge to marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Place a small saucepan over high heat, add water and bring to the boil.
- Add some sea salt to taste and a tablespoon of oil.
- Place the couscous in a small bowl and pour the boiling water over the top.
- Cover and let stand for about 5 minutes until all the water is absorbed.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork, set aside in a warm place. When ready to serve, add the tomato, onion, mango and coriander to the couscous, combine well.
- Pre-heat the barbecue or frying pan.
- Place the prawns onto the barbeque and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add a squeeze of lemon to the prawns when you finish cooking them.
- Place a mound of couscous salad on each plate, top with three or four prawns and garnish with a lemon wedge and baby herbs.
- You can also use an egg ring to form a neat stack.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!