8 ounces Caster Sugar
8 ounces ground almonds
2 Egg Yolks
1 egg whites
How to Make Turron:
- Thoroughly mix the sugar and almonds in a bowl. Fold in the egg yolks, one after the other.
- Whisk the egg white into a stiff foam and fold it into the mixture.
- Lay a sheet of foil over a baking sheet and place the mixture on it.
- Press the mixture into a slab about 1/2 inch thick using a rolling pin and your fingers.
- Cover it with foil and place a wooden board weighted down with a couple of full tin cans on top.
- Leave the turron to stand for 3 days, so that it dries out and hardens, then slice it into 1 inch squares.