200 mg Stracciatellaor Burrata
50 mg toasted and crushed nuts(I used almonds, hazelnut and pumpkin seeds
6 fresh radish
3 baby carrotswith leaves
1 baby beetroot
30 ml vinaigrette
20 ml basil oil
How to Make it:
- First of all I washed all the vegetables and separated the carrots from their leaves which I dressed with extra virgin olive oil and a bit of salt and then dehydrated (you can use your oven at 50 degrees until the leaves are dark and crispy) this will be used later as decoration but also a way to add different textures and most of all a way that helped me to use the entire vegetable.
- For the vinaigrette the percentage is 60% extra virgin olive oil and 40% white wine vinegar. Just shake them together into a bottle and the oil will emulsify with the vinegar.
- For the basil oil I blended basil leaves and extra virgin olive oil. You need a hand blender, generally the weight of the oil and the basil has to be the same so 50:50.
- Once everything is blended you need to slowly sieve the oil with a cheesecloth and the bright green oil will be separated from the rest of the leaves which we can dispose. I used carrots, beetroot and radish but any seasonal vegetables will do.
- For the beetroot I just blanched until cooked. Then I grilled them and the carrots just brushed with extra virgin olive oil. Subsequently I cut the baby carrots and beetroot into 3 pieces each.
- The radish are there raw to add more crunch and half of them are used with the entire leaves and the other half are sliced into two to play with colors from both side of the vegetable.
- At this point we are ready to plate. So display the stracciatella or burrata at the center of the plate.
- Place all the colorful vegetables.
- Season the vegetables with both basil oil and vinaigrette, sprinkle the toasted nuts and garnish with crispy carrots leaves.
This is a dish that is very light and refreshing, best to enjoy with a good piece of bread!