- 400 grams maitake mushroom
- 80 grams mushroom glaze
- orange zest
- 4 grams black sesame
- 1 pinch togarashi
- 28 grams garlic cream sauce
- 12 grams sesame oil blend
- maldon salt to taste
Sesame Oil Blend
- 1 part canola oil
- 1 part Sesame Oil
- 4 mushroom stems
- 3 sprigs Thyme
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 50 grams garlic cloves crushed
- garlic cloves crushed
- 1 gram Garlicrough chopped
- 350 grams heavy cream
- 1 gram xanthan gum
- Saltto taste
- 1200 grams mushroom stock
- 400 grams orange juice
- 400 grams honey
- 2 grams togarashi
- Toss maitake in a generous amount of sesame oil blend, season with salt, a small amount of togaroshi.
- Grill until marks form on both sides, transfer to saute pan with mushroom glaze and black sesame seeds.
- Reduce glaze until mushrooms are evenly coated.
- Season again if necessary.
- Plate with garlic cream sauce on the plate; sprinkle black sesame seeds and togaroshi over cream sauce, lay glazed mushroom over sauce, and finish with orange zest and maldon.
Sesame Oil Blend
- Whisk oils together to combine.
- Cover all ingredients with water in medium sized stock pot.
- Bring to a boil and reduce down to a simmer.
- Simmer for 2 hours, strain and reserve mushroom stock.
- Using 250g of the water each time, cover the garlic cloves and bring to a simmer for 5 min.
- Strain water and then simmer cloves again two more times.
- On the fourth time add the heavy cream and the chopped raw garlic and bring to a simmer for 10 min.
- Put this mixture into a vitamix and blend until smooth then slowly add the xanthan gum until desired thickness is reached.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Strain through a fine mesh chinois.
- Whisk all ingredients together and reserve for later use.