Homemade Mole Sauce
- 48 grams minced guajillo chilestemmed and seeded
- 54 grams Minced pasilla chilestemmed and seeded
- 48 grams pumpkin seeds
- 70 grams almond
- 5 piece avocado leaf
- 2 piece tortilla
- 1 kilogram tomato
- 135 grams white onion
- 10 grams Garlic
- 115 grams tomatillo
- 225 grams green tomato
- 210 grams plantain
- 4 piece allspice
- 2 piece clove
- 1 gram dried oregano
- 1.5 sticks cinnamon
- 235 grams panela
- 2 litres Water
- 200 grams Vegetable Oil
- 4 tender fig leaf gourds
- 500 grams homemade mole sauce
- 2 piece chayote
- 4 piece green zucchini
- 4 piece yellow zucchini
- 5 grams basil sprouts
- 10 grams Sesame Seedstoasted
- 1 piece crisp tlayudacut into triangles
Homemade Mole Sauce
- Toast the tomato, green tomato, tomatillo, onion, garlic, and plantain, including the skins.
- On the side, toast the spices and the avocado leaves and blend them with the toasted onion and garlic.
- Dissolve the panela in 2 kg of hot water.
- In a pot, heat half of the oil and fry chiles, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and tortillas cut into strips over high heat. Blend this sauté with the panela water.
- In a clay pot, heat the other half of the oil and fry the mixture of spices, avocado leaves, onion, and garlic. Add the chile sauce. Cook during 10 minutes over high heat.
- Blend the tomato, green tomato, tomatillo, and plantain, without skins, and add the blend to the mole once it is cooked.
- Leave it for three hours more over high heat and stir continuously.
- Blend for 12 minutes using the Thermomix and pass it through a strainer with a fine mesh.
- Let it rest at room temperature and refrigerate it during 12 hours once it’s cold.
- Reheat with 1 more liter of water for 2 or 3 hours over high heat. Stir constantly.
- *Note: Cut the tlayuda into triangles using scissors, then brown it in a pan over high heat. Move it constantly until the edges are crisp.
- Cut the green zucchini, yellow zucchini, and chayote into 1-mm-thick slices.
- Blanch the slices in boiling salted water for 30 seconds and cool in a cold bain-marie.
- Heat the homemade mole sauce and season it.
- Cut the gourds into 8 wedges.
- Blanch them in boiling salted water for 2 minutes.
- Remove them and drown them in mole sauce.
- Take them out and place 4 wedges per plate.
- Make small rolls out of the chayote slices and put them in between the gourds.
- Put pumpkin rolls around them.
- Add tlayuda triangles to the gourds with homemade mole sauce.
- Finish the plate by sprinkling basil sprouts and sesame seeds.