800 gr (28.21 oz) fresh unsalted cod fish
1 green bell pepperroasted and seeded
3 cloves garlicfinely chopped
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
2 Tablespoon paprika
5 Tablespoon tomato puree
1 guindilla (Spanish chili)
1 cup Fish Stock
Fish and broths are a deeply-rooted Spanish tradition at Christmas, and cod ajoarriero is one of the simplest and tastiest. This dish is made with various vegetables cooked in olive oil.
How to Make Cod Ajoarriero Style:
- Soak the cod and rinse under cold running water. With paper towels, pat dry. Cut into 5 cm (2 in) pieces and set aside.
- Peel and chop the onion, cut into thin shreds. Repeat with the green pepper.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil. Sauté the onion, green pepper, and garlic. When the onion is translucent, add the paprika, tomato puree, and the guindilla. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the fish stock.
- Add the cod to the skillet, cover, and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Discard the guindilla.
- Serve with steamed potatoes.