How to Make Almond-Shaped Quenelles
Those beautiful almond shaped morsels of ice cream, mash potato, mousse, poached minced meats and purees you find so elegantly adorning your plate in that 5 star restaurant are called quenelles. Here’s how to make them at home.
- Scoop as much of the desired food into one spoon as you can.
- Holding that spoon still, scrape the food off with the other spoon.
- Now holding that spoon still scrape the food off with the other spoon.
- Continue this process until you have a nice 3 sided quenelle.
- Gently slide the quenelle off one spoon with the other spoon or simply allow the quenelle to fall off the spoon and onto the plate or into the poaching liquid.
The end result are some beautifully looking quenelles.