- 6 Gelatine sheets
- 100 g whipped cream
- 100 g yogurt
- 10 Egg Yolks
- 160 g Sugar
- 20 g starch
- 60 g Flour
- 1 l Milk
- 100 g glucose
- 20 g vanilla
- 1 orange zest
- 20 g Liquor
- 200 g whipped cream
- 200 g Mascarpone
- 200 g Patiseur“ cream
- 20 g Sugar
- 300 g egg whites
- 450 g Sugar
- 2 t.s Apple vinigar
This absolutely amazing pavlova with tangerine and black truffles was provided by Chef Vladislav Djatsuk, regarded as one of Estonia’s best. He is the Head Chef of both the Tchaikovsky and Mon Reposchefs located in Estonia’s beautiful capital city.
How to Make Creme „Patiseur”:
- In a mixing bowl mix together egg yolk, sugar, starch and flour.
- In a pot mix together milk, glucose, vanilla, orange žest and make it boil.
- Carefully stir in the yolk mix. Keep stirring on a low heat so it doesn’t burnt, until a creamy consistency is formed.Cool it down.
- Make a whipped cream and mix it with tasteless jogurt.
- Melt gelatine sheets and stir into the cream.
- Mix together boiled cream and whipped-jogurt cream.
How to Make „Pavlova“ Cream:
- Mix together wipped cream, mascarpone and sugar.
- Stir into the „Patiseur“ cream and put it in the pastry bag.
How to Make Merengue:
- Preheat the oven to 70 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl whip the egg whites until you can see traces of the whisk.
- Gradually add the sugar and whip to stiff, glossy peaks.
- Add 2 t.s of apple vinigar and whip 1 minute more.
- Transfer to a piping bag and pipe small drops round, approximately 6 on each meringue 3-4 cm in diameter.
- Let dry or at least 2,5 hours in the oven. It should be dry and crispy.
- Cool it to room temperature. Crush any imperfect pieces for use in the plating of the dessert.
Fruits and walnuts:
Use a seasonal fruits and on your choice. Cut them on small pieces. And caramelaized walnuts with honey
How to Serve:
- Squeeze „Pavlova“ cream from the pastry bag in the middle of a plate.
- Put a meringue on top of the cream.
- Put a prepared fruit on top of the meringue.
- Then goes the quenelle of raspberrie sorbet.
- In the end you can sprinkle crushed meringue on top and sliced black truffle