200 gr dark chocolate
50 gr Salted Butter
250 gr pure cream
20 gr maple syrup
80 gr Speculoos Biscuit
We’ve very excited to share this chocolate mousse recipe by French-born chef and published cookbook author Dominique Heitz.
Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- In a large bowl, melt chocolate with butter, set aside.
- In a second bowl: whip the cream and maple syrup to soft peak, keep in fridge.
- Separate the egg yolk from egg whites.
- In a third bowl, place the egg whites and start whisking.
- Add gradually the sugar to form a light meringue.
- Mix the egg yolk into the melted chocolate.
- Combine all three bowls.
- First add the egg white into the chocolate, keep it as airy as possible.
- Then add the whipped cream in the chocolate, slowly, to keep a light consistency
- Pour the mousse in the Glasses and set in the fridge.
- Peel the orange and cut the segments.
- Take your Speculoos and break them into crumbs.
- It works really well if you put the biscuits in a large Zip‑logs bag and crush them.