300 millilitres Mildura Brewery Choc Hops Beer
70 grams Caster Sugar
2 large Egg Yolks
3 small gelatin sheetsabout three g
250 grams whipped cream
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form and keep cold
- Combine the egg and sugar
- Place gelatin in cold water to soften
- Bring the beer to boiling temperature
- Pour the hot beer into the combined egg/sugar
- Put the beer mixture back on the flame and heat to just under the boil (do not boil) to slightly thicken, stirring constantly
- Incorporate the gelatin
- Cool in an ice bath and when cool to the touch place the whipped cream in the mixture and whisk together until smooth
- Spray plastic dariole moulds with an all purpose spray and fill with the mixture.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours minimum.
*Once you have mastered this technique you can prepare bavarois with any flavours!