Lamugee/Lamugin (Spiced Rice Drink)
Lamugee is a West African drink prepared with rice, ginger, and other spices, which gives it a distinctly pleasant and spicy flavor.
Lamugee (Spicy Rice Drink)
- 1/2 cup rice or millet
- 1/2 tsp cloves Pepre
- 1 piece ginger
- 1 dried chilli pepper
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Ice cubes
- 1 L cold water
- 1/2 cup powdered milk optional
- Soak the rice/millet overnight so it is easier to blend.
- Wash and chop the ginger.
- In a blender, add all the spices and the rice/millet and blend till you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Use a mesh strainer to remove any rice/millet particles.
- Add sugar, ice cubes, or milk to taste (optional).