Lamugee/Lamugin (Spicy Rice Drink)
Originally from Ghana, lamugee (or lamugin) is a delicious West African drink prepared with rice, ginger, and other spices, giving it a distinctly spicy and very pleasant flavor.
It’s a great refreshment on a hot summer day and it’s best served cold.
Lamugee (Spicy Rice Drink)
- 1/2 cup rice or millet
- 1/2 tsp cloves Pepre
- 1 piece ginger
- 1 dried chili pepper
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Ice cubes
- 1 L cold water
- 1/2 cup powdered milk optional
- Soak the rice/millet overnight so it is easier to blend.
- Wash and chop the ginger.
- Put all the spices and the rice/millet in a blender and blend till you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Strain through a mesh to remove any rice/millet pieces.
- Add sugar, ice cubes, and milk to taste (optional).