375 grams pumpkin pureecooked
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder
120 grams granulated sugar
60 millilitres maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon clove powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
120 millilitres Milkfull fat
60 grams double cream
icing sugarfur dusting of the pie
pie doughfor two pies
Having lived in the New York some years ago, I always looked forward to fall and the “harvest season”. It is just so nice when the leaves turn orange, yellow and brown and virtually every farmer is selling bright round orange pumpkins.
The pumpkin pie recipe, though, I need to search every year when autumn, Halloween & Thanksgiving Day come around. So this year, I decided to share it with all, and perhaps most of all, in the coming years, I will know where I placed the recipe when the season comes along.
How to Make a Pumpkin Pie
- Cut a small pumpkin in half, remove all seeds, then brush the flesh with 10 g of butter and sprinkle with cinnamon powder. Place in a preheated oven for approximately 1 hour at 160 C (320F) or until the flash is all soft and cooked.
- Remove pumpkin from oven and cool down a little and scoop out the flesh. Puree through a food mill or a sieve.
- Roll out the pie dough and line a pie mold with it. Ensure the dough is well docked. Set a side cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350F).
- Whip the egg whites to a soft peak and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, with all the remaining ingredients except the egg whites, well.
- Fold the egg whites under the pumpkin mixture.
- Fill the mixture into the pie and bake in the preheated oven for approx 45 minutes or until done.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar as desired.
Pumpkin pie is without question America’s favorite Thanksgiving dessert. Those of you who want to wow your family and guests with a wide selection of desserts for your Thanksgiving dinner check out our delicious homemade apple pie recipe, pecan pie, or strawberry cheesecake.