There really is no limit to the variety of truffles you can make with this great little chocolate truffles recipe.
Treat your guests to different flavored-, sized- and textured truffles at your next gathering. It is that simple; just make the ganache with a flavor or liqueur of your choice, then roll the truffles into anything you wish and voilà you have a variety of homemade decadent chocolate truffles.
- 200 grams dark or milk chocolate
- 80 grams cream freshest possible
- 20 grams liqueur or essence of your choice (see a few suggestions below)
- coating ingredient of your choice nuts, cocoa, coconut etc
- Add the chocolate and cream to a large mixing bowl.
- Set atop a pot of steaming water, do not let the water touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Stir with a wooden spoon or silicon spatula until all lumps have melted.
- Fold through the liqueur or flavouring.
- Remove the bowl from the steam and place it in the fridge.
- Allow the mix to set, 1-2 hours.
- Meanwhile toast and cool any nuts or coconut with which you may wish to coat the truffles.
- Once the mixture is set and firm remove from the fridge.
- Take teaspoon size scoops and roll the mix into balls, (can be larger or smaller depending on your preference).
- Place on lined trays, may need to be placed back in fridge if it is a warm day.
- Wash and dry your hands.
- Roll balls in mix of your choice, nuts will need to be pressed on as you roll and for finer ingredients like cocoa you can just toss the ball in a bowl of sifted cocoa.
- Kept in the fridge, they will keep up to 2 weeks.
- Kept out of the fridge they will last 4-5 days.
- Serve at room temperature.
- They make a great gift in decorative boxes as well.
- Dark chocolate with Amaretto & toasted almond
- Dark chocolate with orange essence and cocoa
- Dark chocolate with brandy and coconut
- Dark chocolate with vanilla
- Dark chocolate with Cointreau
- Milk chocolate with Frangelico and ground hazelnut
- Milk chocolate with Kahlua and coffee beans
- Milk chocolate with espresso
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!