Warm Pickled Oyster with Iced Cucumber, K5 Txakoli Wine and Spicy Apple Foam
- Open the oysters carefully trying not to break them. Place them in a bowl.
- Strain the water from the shell through a sieve.
- Wash oysters in the water.
- Blend the cucumber with the skin, and all other ingredients except the lime juice.
- Combine in a processor and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Strain through a fine sieve.
- Add the lime juice and mix well.
- Season to taste.
- Put in the freezer to freeze, stirring every 5 minutes to maintain a bright green slush.
Light Escabeche Marinade
- Saute the vegetables starting with the garlic in oil over low temperature.
- Once all the vegetables are lightly cooked add the manzanilla wine and white wine and reduce to almost dry.
- Then add the vinegar and boil for 15 minutes to remove the intensity of vinegar until you are left with a nice marinade.
- Then add the ham stock and reduce by half.
Finishing the Marinade
- Once the marinade is ready, pass it through a fine sieve.
- Reserve the vegetables to one side and the marinade broth on another.
- Take one part of broth/escabeche (about 150 grams) and add it to all the vegetables in a processor and puree until you achieve a fine smooth creamy texture.
- Save the rest of the broth to warm the oysters with.
- If necessary add some more broth and xanthan to the creamy mixture.
- Together in a saucepan add the water, potatoes, diced ham, garlic and onion and cook for 1 hour at low heat, semi covered so as to not evaporate too much.
- Combine all the ingredients except the shallots and place on the heat.
- Once hot, add the shallots and let them cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Cover with baking paper and put inside the refrigerator for 12 hours.
- Combine sea water, mineral water, lemon juice, gluco silver powder and xanthan.
- Mix well in a processor until completely combined.
- Take the mixture into a syringe and remove the air 3 times.
- Using the syringe drop little drops “pearls” from a height of about 5 cm into the alginate bath.
- Leave in the bath for 1 minute and refresh in cold water, where they will remain for now.
- Combine the water with algin and stand at least 2 hours
Spicy Apple Foam
- Heat a pot with the spicy syrup.
- Hydrate the gelatin in cold water.
- Remove the syrup from the heat and add the dissolved gelatin.
- Add the liquid from apples to the mixture and place in a whipping siphon; cream gun.
- Close the siphon and introduce two loads of gas.
- Keep the food inside the refrigerator.
- Make a syrup by heating the water and sugar in a saucepan. Infuse fresh chilies, breaking one of them.
- Once infused drain and add the Txakoli.
- Once the oysters are open and clean.
- Warm escabeche to 70 degrees. Remove from heat.
- Add oysters for 45 seconds.
- Plate on the shell.
- Top with escabeche (aprox 70 degrees)
- Add cucumber sake, pickled shallot, apple foam