2 1/2 deciliter crème fraiche212 g or 7.5 oz
1 1/2 tablespoon Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/2 lemon Lemon Juice
3 celery stalks
400 gr grapes14 oz
100 gr walnuts5.3 oz
2 appleI use Honeycrisp apples
Waldorf salad was invented sometime between 1893 and 1896 at the Hotel Waldorf in Manhattan NY. Danes have since then taken this wonderful salad to heart. It’s enjoyed mostly during the fall and winter months and for some families, it deserves a place on the Christmas table.
How to Make Waldorf Salad:
- Combine the Creme Fraiche, sugar, salt, and lemon juice and set aside.
- Clean and cut the celery into small pieces.
- Cut the grapes into half.
- Chop the walnuts into small pieces. Leaving the peel on the apples, dice them into bite size pieces.
- Add the celery, grapes, walnuts, and apples to the Creme Fraiche.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve on a bed of Boston lettuce or decorate with celery leaves, top with walnuts. Enjoy!