- 4 croissants
- 250 millilitres Cream
- 150 millilitres apple juice
- 1 egg
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 175 grams Sugar75 for pain perdu, 100 for syrup
- 50 grams blackberries
- 1/2 punnet blueberries
- 2 red apples
- 2 vanilla pod
- 500 grams green apples
- 100 grams Water
- 150 grams Sugar
- In a small pot bring the cream, apple juice and scraped vanilla pods to a simmer.
- Combine the yolks and sugar and pour the hot cream onto them. Whisk together and set aside.
- Slice the croissants and the peeled apples.
- In a terrine mould, bread tin or individual moulds layer the croissants and sliced apple and after each layer saturate it with the cream mixture.
- After 6 layers or when all the croissants have been used cook the pain perdu in a bain marie in a moderate oven for 20 minutes or until a knife when stuck into it comes out clean.
- To make the syrup cook the sugar with a tablespoon of water and the blackberries until large bubbles begin to appear.
- Strain the syrup onto the blueberries and allow to cool.
- Remove the cores from the apples and puree them with the sugar and water and strain.
- Turn in an ice-cream machine to manufacturers instruction.
- When cool slice the pain perdu and warm in an oven for 4 minutes.
- Caramelise with a blow torch, garnish with sorbet and the syrup.