- 1 litre thick goat milk yogurt
- 6 medium cucumbersunpeeled (2 of them pickled in salt for 24 hours, if possible)
- 6 stems fresh dillower third removed, leaves chopped
- 6 sprigs leaves from 6 mint sprigsleaves only, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegargood quality
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- black peppercoarsely ground
- Put the yogurt in a colander layered with cheesecloth and let drip for 2-3 hours.
- Halve the cucumbers lengthwise, deseed them and grate on a coarse grinder.
- Squeeze the grated cucumbers between your palms to exude liquids and transfer into a bowl.
- Add the dill, mint, garlic, vinegar and salt, stir and chill well (to the yogurt ball).
- Before serving, check the seasoning.
- Pour the olive oil over the salad, sprinkle with some black pepper and serve.
Photo Credit: wEnDy.