- 1 tuna loin
- 200 g parmesan cheese
- 6 Eggs
- 50 g whipping cream
- 200 g parmesan cheese
- 5 l Fish Stock
- 2 kg tuna carcass
- 3 Carrots
- 3 white onions
- 1 celery
- 10 garlic cloves
- 5 bay leafs
- 100 g tomato paste
- 1 kg whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 l red wine
- 12 egg whites
- 2 kg minced fish
- 20 sheets gelatine
- 200 g mayonnaise
- 50 ml lime juice
- 100 g lime juice
- 30 g maltodextrin
How to Cook Tuna Carpaccio:
- Trim the loin and cut into 15 cm long pieces.
- Tightly wrap with cling film and freeze for 12 hours until solid frozen.
- Now take a tray with baking paper and take the tuna out the freezer one at a time and thinly slice with the meat slicer.
- Layer on the baking paper forming a sheet of tuna. Make sure the baking paper is completely covered with sliced tuna, then put another baking paper on top to cover and put back in the freezer.
- Once frozen again use a sharp knife to portion the tuna. 2 cm wide, 8 cm long. Keep in the freezer with baking paper on both sides until needed.
How to Make the Parmesan Custard:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl over a hot water bath and heat up to 70 degrees Celsius while constantly stirring.
- Once temperature is reached transfer into an upright blender and mix for 5 minutes until a smooth custard builds.
- Set in a squeeze bottle and keep in the fridge until needed.
How to Make Parmesan Crackers:
- Grate Parmesan cheese on finely on a tray with baking paper using a micro plane.
- Dry in the hotbox for 2 hours and keep in the hotbox until needed.
How to Prepare the Tuna Jelly:
- Cut onion, carrot, celery, garlic and tuna carcass in chunky pieces and roast in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 1 hour.
- Transfer into a big pot and add tomato paste.
- Roast everything on low flame until the tomato paste loses its sourness.
- Now add 500 ml red wine and simmer down until red wine is completely evaporated. Add the remaining red wine and bring to boil again.
- Now add whole peeled tomatoes, bay leafs and fish stock to it. Bring to boil on low flame and simmer for about 2 hours while stirring occasionally.
- After 2 hours strain through a fine strainer and cool down the stock preferably overnight.
- The next day beat up the egg whites until it starts turning white. Make sure to not beat it up until stiff.
- Mix egg whites with minced fish and combine with the cooled stock in a big container.
- Cover with 2 layers of cling film and 2 layer of tin foil. Place in the oven at 135 degrees Celsius for 2 hours, then remove tin foil and cling film and bake for another 2 hours.
- Take the tray out and remove solids with a spider, the pass through a cloth. The liquid should now be red, brown and clear shiny.
- Transfer into a pot again and bring to boil. Meanwhile soak gelatin in cold water. Once tune consommé is boiling remove from heat and add the soaked gelatin.
- Strain again with a fine strainer then pour in small containers and cool down.
- Cut into cubes once fully set and keep in the fridge until needed.
How to Make Lime Mayonnaise:
Combine bowl ingredients in a bowl using a whisk. Make sure to whisk out all lumps to get and even sauce.
How to Make Lime Soil:
- Combine both ingredients in a bowl and whisk until lumps are building. Now strain through a fine strainer and whisk again until you get a white powder.
- Store in airtight containers until needed.
- Place 1 tuna sheet on a plate then squeeze several dots of Parmesan custard and lime mayonnaise on top.
- Stick the Parmesan cracker into the Parmesan custard in the middle, drizzle lime soil on the right side, add lime and some micro greens and finish with lime foam and tuna jelly.