Olive Oilhe potatoes are cooked in a generous amount of oil, and the oil can be strained and reused 2-3 more times in the future.
Yukon Gold Potatoesslice them into uniform ¼ inch thick slices
Tortilla de Patatas (also known as Spanish Omelette or tortilla de papas) is an easy Spanish recipe made with potatoes, onion, eggs, salt, and oil. Tortilla de patatas is traditionally served with a warm baguette and a green side salad. It can be ordered in numerous bars and restaurants of all areas and is one of the most iconic. For some, it’s even their daily breakfast.
How to Make Tortilla de Patatas:
- Add olive oil to a 10 or 12 inch skillet over a medium heat. It’s best to use a skillet that is at least 1 ½ inches deep.
- Add the sliced potato and onion to the pan; they should be mostly covered with olive oil. Add a little more oil if needed.
- Season with 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt.
- Cook on a medium-high heat, maintaining a gentle boil, for 8-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until the potatoes are just fork tender. Don’t overcook them!
- Drain the potatoes, reserving the oil for later use. Taste and season the potatoes with more salt, if needed.
- Allow them to cool for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile crack the eggs into a bowl and season with about ½ teaspoon of salt. Beat the eggs together and pour over the cooked potatoes and onion and toss to coat.
- Add a little bit of oil to the bottom of a 10-inch non-stick skillet over a high heat.
- Once hot, pour the potato mixture in and cook on a high heat for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for about 5 minutes.