- 100 grams taperiba fruit purée(Passionfruit purée may be substituted if taperiba is unavailable)
- 400 grams dried, powdered milk
- 100 grams plain flour
- 100 grams unsalted buttercut into small pieces
- 1 litre fresh whole milk
- Olive Oilfor frying the spheres
Rose Petal Infusion
- 1 litre Peruvian Pisco Quebranta
- 40 fresh rose petals
- 200 millilitres honey
For the Rose Petal Infusion
- Place the rose petals in clean glass container with a capacity of at least one liter. Cover the rose petals with the Pisco, seal and let the flavors infuse for three days.
- After three days strain the rose petals from the Pisco. Discard the petals.
- Mix the flavored Pisco with the honey. Reserve for later use.
For the Spheres
- Sift together the dried ingredients then cut the butter into the dry mixture.
- Mix in the fruit purée, and then the milk to form a dough.
- Using the dough form small spheres about the size of a golf ball.
- Fry the spheres in the olive oil until golden brown and cooked throughout. Allow the spheres to drain and while still warm transfer to the infused Pisco syrup. Let rest overnight.
- Warm the spheres slightly and drizzle with the warm syrup in which they were stored. Garnish with fresh rose petals and organic cacao nibs.