1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic clovesroughly chopped
1 lb. asparaguswoody ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable brothor filtered water
1/4 cup fresh chives
2 2-inch pieces lemon peels
1/4 cup tahini paste
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
sea salt & fresh pepper
How to Make the Tahini and Lemon Asparangurs Soup:
- Heat a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the olive oil and onion, stir and cook for 2-3 minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic, stir and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the asparagus and cook for 1 minute, then add the broth (or water), chives, and lemon peels.
- Bring soup to a boil, then turn heat down to a simmer and cook until the asparagus is tender, about 10-15 minutes. remove soup from heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Carefully transfer soup to an upright blender, add the tahini paste and lemon juice.
- Blend on high for 1 minute, until smooth and creamy. taste and adjust salt and/or lemon juice.
- Return the soup back to the soup pot and bring to a simmer. garnish and serve hot.