1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
4 cloves garlicminced
2 ½ teaspoons chili powder
1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
1 ½ teaspoons dried organo
2 pounds flank steakor skirt steak, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
12 street taco size
freshly chopped cilantro
freshly diced red onion
cut into wedges fresh limes
When most people think of Mexican cuisine, they think of a taco! Tacos have become incredibly popular worldwide, and it’s easy to see why! Tacos are easy to make, fun to eat and are almost always delicious! You can put pretty much anything into a taco including veggies, meat, fish, tofu, offal and cheese!
Prep Time: 2 hours Cook Time: 6 minutes Servings: 4 (3 tacos per serving)
How to Make Tacos:
- Pour vegetable oil, lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, chili powder, cumin and oregano into a large bowl. Whisk to combine everything together.
- Place steak pieces into the marinade mixture; stir and toss to coat all the steak in the marinade.
- Cover bowl with a lid and place in refrigerator. Let steak marinade for at least 2 hours or up to 12 hours.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- (Cook steak in two separate batches to prevent over-crowding the skillet.)
- Using a slotted spoon, remove half of the steak from the marinade.
- Place steak pieces in hot skillet. Cook and stir for about 6 minutes or until steak reaches your desired temperature.
- Place cooked steak onto a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Cook remaining batch of steak the same way. Discard marinade.
- Serve warm steak in warmed tortillas and top with desired amount of fresh cilantro, red onion and lime juice. Enjoy!