- 6 vine ripened tomatoesfinely diced
- 1 large purple onionfinely diced
- 1 can sweet corn kernels420 gram (15 oz), drained
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 Limejuice only
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
You’ll never buy pre-made salsa again.
This salsa is very versatile, it can be served with toasted pita bread as a dip, makes a great accompaniment to grilled or barbequed meats such as lamb or chicken, goes well with many shellfish such as steamed mussels or smoked oysters and goes great in omelettes or on the side with scrambled eggs. Of course there are hundreds of other uses only limited by your imagination.
- Combine the tomatoes, onion, corn, coriander and lime juice in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in extra virgin olive oil until desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If you like a little kick add some chopped chillis (chilli peppers) or Tabasco and serve with corn chips & sour cream.