- 480 gr all purpose flour
- 48 ml Oil
- 270 gr lukewarm water
- 3 pinches Salt
- 500 gr fresh cheese
- 85 gr Fresh Cream
- 1 liter Cream
- 0,5 l Cream
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 whole grains black pepper
- 100 gr Butter
- 130 gr powdered milk
- 300 ml Milk
- 0.5 gr xanthan gum
This deconstructed štrukli recipe is one of Chef’s Bruno Vokal signature dishes. Bruno is the Head Chef of NOEL, one of Croatia’s most prestigious restaurants and the first Zagreb restaurant to win a Michelin star.
How to Make Dough
- Mix all the ingredients together and mix them by hand for 10-15 minutes.
- Grease with oil and leave in a covered bowl for 3 hours.
How to Make the Filling:
- Combine all the ingredients together and fill into a pastry bag.
How to Make Cream:
- Pour the cream into a wide pot and let it slowly reduce to 2dl, on low heat and without stirring .
How to Make the Cream Sauce:
- Toast the spices in a pot and then cover with cream.
- Remove from heat and cover with foil.
- Allow to infuse for 2 h and then strain.
How to Make Butter Crumble:
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and leave it, stirring gently, until it starts to change color to a light brown. The optimum temperature is between 140 and 143 degrees.
- When the butter reaches the required temperature, remove from the heat and strain through a fine sieve into a new pot.
- Then add powdered milk and return to the heat.
- Stir until everything comes together and takes on the form of crumble.
How to Make Milk Chips:
- Mix all the ingredients together and put them in a siphon.
- Squeeze a small amount of the mixture onto the baking paper and let it bake on low heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Then transfer to a dehydrator and dehydrate at 68 degrees for 10 hours.
- Roll out the dough using a pasta machine to a thickness of 3 mm.
- Put the filling in small piles and cover with another dough.
- Cut small štruklji with a round cutter.
- Boil them in boiling salted water for 10 seconds and then carefully remove to a plate. Keep warm until serving.
- First put the cream on the plate, the štruklji on the cream, sprinkle with crumble and place the torn milk chips.
- Finish at the table with a pour of sauce.
- For an even more interesting luxury experience, grate peeled black truffles on top.