2 pounds ripe strawberries
2.5 pounds strawberriesgreens removed
8 ounces white onionsthinly sliced
8 ounces red bell peppersseeded and thinly sliced
10 ounces cucumberspeeled, seeded and thinly sliced
1 clove garlicpeeled, thinly sliced
10 grams tarragon leaves
strawberry consommesee recipe above
10 millilitres balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Hull 2 additional pounds of ripe strawberries and place in a bowl.
- Wrap the bowl tightly in plastic wrap and place the bowl over a double boiler.
- Simmer until the strawberries have given up their liquid and nothing remains.
- Strain the consommé, letting it drain for a bit without pressing, and chill.
- This is the liquid that you use to thin down the gazpacho.
- Crush strawberries by hand over a bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients, EVOO, and balsamic vinegar. Allow to marinate for 1-2 days.
- Puree in a blender,then strain.
- Adjust the thickness by thinning the puree down with strawberry consomme.
- Adjust the seasoning with fine sea salt.