1 spaghetti squash
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil to taste
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon aji amarillo
Sprinkle of salt and pepper
1 corn tostada
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
Arugula citrus salad
1 handful arugula leaves
This is a brand new creation by Chef Ernesto Moreno, Executive Chef at Pinterest.
How to Prepare the Spiced Spaghetti Squash:
- To prepare the spaghetti squash, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up.Use a very sharp chef’s knife to cut off the tip-top and very bottom ends of the spaghetti squash.
- Stand the squash upright on a stable surface and carefully slice through it from top to bottom to divide it in half.Use a large spoon to scoop out the spaghetti squash seeds and discard them.
- Drizzle the insides of each squash half with 1 teaspoon olive oil and rub it all over the inside, adding more oil if necessary.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper lightly over the interiors of the squash, then place them cut-side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, until the cut sides are turning golden and the interiors are easily pierced through with a fork.
- Once the squash is done baking, fluff the interiors with a fork to make the insides spaghetti-like.
- Cool down and toss with aji Amarillo.
How to Prepare the Curried Tostadas:
- Cut a small round of the tostada with a cookie cutter and season it with cumin, curry powder and season it with salt and oil.
- Add oil to the tostada and incorporate all the seasonings together.
- Over medium heat sear the tostadas until golden brown.
- Put the seasoned spaghetti squash in the center of the plate and top with argula.
- Garnished with the crispy curried tostada and sprinkle paprika and dry parsley for garnish .
Stay in touch with Ernesto on Instagram for more amazing dishes.