1 Ea Trout SkinRemove Scales
½ C Sonoran Wheat Berriessoak
1 Ea Watermelon RadishWash
10 -12 EA cherry tomatoesWash
¼ - ½ EA Ripe plantainsor Banana, Slice in Medallions
½ C passion fruit juice
2 tsp White Balsamic
1 tsp lime juice
1 tsp raw sugar
1/8 tsp Salt
¼ C pea tendrils
This is wonderfully colorful, light and refreshing summer salad recipe, a perfect compliment to any summertime meal.
The recipe was provided by Chef Danielle Leoni of The Breadfruit & Rum Bar, an award winning Caribbean restaurant in Phoenix , Arizona.
How to Prepare the Salad:
- Remove the scales from the trout skin. Pat dry. Sprinkle with sea salt. Dehydrate at 120 degrees for 4 hours or until crisp. Store at room temp.
- Cook the Sonoran wheat berries in boiling water for 30 minutes or until tender. Drain and discard the water. Chill the wheat berries and set aside.
- Slice the watermelon radish paper thin using a mandoline. Store in water in the refrigerator for around 30 minutes or until crisp.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and set aside.
- Slice the ripe plantain or banana into medallions.
- Whisk together the passion fruit juice, white balsamic, lime juice, raw sugar, and salt.
- Toss together all the ingredients, except the trout skin.
- Garnish with trout skin and pea tendrils.