8 slices Olomouc aromatic cheeseor Limburger
4 thin slices hard salami
2 tbsp Milk
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup breadcrumbs
This recipe uses something called tvarůžky. Tvarůžky are round slices (or rings or cubes) of traditional smelly cheese from Olomouc (hence their name, Olomoucké tvarůžky) made from fat-free sour curd.
You won’t have smelt or tasted anything like this before, so don’t forget to give them a try! You might get a strange look here or there when ordering and dipping into these melting-smelly beauties in a restaurant, but who cares? Everyone likes them, but only a few will admit it! Be one of the few and give them a chance.
- Place a thin slice of hard salami between two 1 inch thick slices of aromatic Olomouc cheese.
- Put a toothpick through the middle to hold it together. Then cover it with flour, put it in a mixture of egg and milk, and finally cover it with breadcrumbs.
- Re-coat it with the egg wash and breadcrumbs, so that it is double-breaded.
- Fry the pieces on a high heat until golden brown.
- Remove the toothpicks and serve immediately after frying.