- 3 avocadoswe prefer the Haas variety
- 1 small red onion
- 1 red chilli
- handful coriander leaves
- 1 red pepper
- 3 limes
- 100 millilitres Olive Oil
- cayenne pepper
- 2 sweet potatoes
The key to this recipe is that there is no right or wrong with it, you can edit the amounts and items to your personal taste. We like to add a lot of acidity to the avocados from the limes to cut through their rich creamy flesh.
- Wash and thinly slice the sweet potato with either a mandolin or a vegetable peeler. There is no need to peel them as the skin has great flavour once fried, just like a crispy jacket potato.
- Fry the potatoes in oil at 140c-150c for approximately 3-6mins it will take time to get crisp but must be at this heat in order to dry out and not burn, alternatively you can buy pretty good quality veg chips from most stores.
- Pat these dry and allow to cool.
- Blister the red pepper under the grill until it is nicely blackened.
- Put the peppers in a bowl and cover in cling film to allow the skin to come loose.
- Peel off the skin and scrape the skin and seeds away.
- Roughly chop the flesh of the pepper along with the onion, chilli and coriander.
- Finally place the peeled and de-stoned avocados in a bowl and lightly crush them with a fork.
- Add in all the other prepped ingredients and the olive oil.
- Zest the limes and add the lime juice, then season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper.