50 g fresh almond powder
50 g softened butter
50 g beaten eggs
50 g Sugar
125 g flour T5 5
42 g glazed sugar
2 g Salt
15 g almond powderor hazelnut
70 g Butter
27 g egg
Whipped ganache: Verbena:
100 g Blanc Ivoire chocolate
52 g liquid cream 30% MG
8 g Inverted sugaror honey
152 g liquid cream 30% MG
15 g verbena leavesripped into 3 pieces each
My first raspberries just prior to the end of lockdown… what a delight!
How to Make the Almond Cream:
- Mix 50 g of fresh almond powder, 50 g of sugar and 50 g of softened butter.
- Mix in 30 g of beaten egg with a spatula.
- You can now add raspberries and/or verbena.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes at 180⁰ on the bottom of the oven.
How to Make the Sweet Dough:
- Use a flat beater or blend by hand the flour, glazed sugar, almond powder, and salt with slightly soft butter.
- Add the egg and mix gently.
- Place the mixture onto a sulfurized sheet of paper and knead 3 times. Place a second sulfurized sheet of paper over the top and roll out to 3 mm thickness. Place the flat dough in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Line a pie dish with the pastry and return to the refrigerator. Cut off the excess pastry and cook at 170⁰ until it is light brown in color. The time depends on the thickness of the pastry and the topping you choose.
How to Make Whipped Ganache/Verbena:
- Melt the chocolate in the micro-wave.
- Heat 52 g of the cream and the inverted sugar.
- Pour the hot liquid in 3 lots on the chocolate so as to generate a ganache.
- Place on the ripped verbena leaves.
- Add the cold cream, mix, wrap in cling film, and store over night in a cool place.
- Mix or filter (at will) and whisk with an electric whisk like whipped cream.
- Place in molds and leave over night in a freezer.