- 1 ounce slice foie gras
- 3 pieces each jicamamacedoine
- 2 pigs feetsplit
- 1 pint veal stock
- 5 pints Chicken Stock
- 1 large stick cinnamon
- 4 star anise
- 2 dried shitake mushrooms
- 2 slices Ginger
- soy sauceto taste
- black pepper
- 1 quart balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups Chinese black vinegar
- 5 slices Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Black Peppercorns
- 1 lobe foie gras
- foie gras scraps
- 2 parts Flour
- 1 part boiling water
- soy oil
- 1 pinch each scallion top
- Place the pig feet in a pot with the stocks and bring to a boil.
- Skim and add the remaining ingredients and simmer, skimming every so often, until pig feet are soft, about 3 hours.
- Taste and adjust seasonings; you may have to add a little water to dilute the soy.
- Shock and refrigerate until set.
- Season the foie liberally with salt and pepper and let sit overnight.
- Pack into a terrine mould, cover and place in a hot water bath.
- Cook in a 275 F oven about 45 minutes until it just starts to melt and is warm in the center.
- Place all in a food processor and run until smooth.
- Pass through a tamis and repack into the terrine mould.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Place the vinegars, the ginger and peppercorns in a saucepot and reduce to a glaze.
- Strain and refrigerate.
- Mix the salt and flour and add the boiling water.
- Knead until smooth and place in an oiled bowl, covered.
- Allow to rest 30 minutes, then roll to about <1/8” thickness and cut into 3.5” rounds.
- Brush each wrapper with eggwash and place a small square of foie mousse in the center of a wrapper, along with a few pieces jicama and a small dollop of the “soup”.
- Fold in half and crease the top to form half moons.
- Freeze or cook immediately.
- Steam 3 dumplings per order (if frozen, from the frozen state) until puffed.
- In the meantime, season and dredge in wondra the foie gras and sear.
- Decorate plate with the black vinegar reduction and organize the three dumplings on top.
- Top each dumpling with a third of the seared foie gras and place a pinch of the scallion julienne in the center.
- Serve with chopsticks and a Chinese soup spoon so that the diner can experience the juice.