- 200 grams sausage meat
- 200 grams pork belly
- 100 grams smoked streaky bacon
- 100 grams white onion
- 15 grams Butter
- 4 leaves sage
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 gram Ground mace
- 10 strokes of nutmeg
- 10 grams Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Braeburn applegrated
- 12 grams Worcester Sauce
- 4 turns of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs
- 500 grams all butter pastry
- Egg Yolks
- 20 grams Milk
- Whip the mince together in the kitchen aid to emulsify the fat and the protein.
- Sweat the onions in the butter with the salt for 15 mins until softened, then remove from the heat and add the herbs.
- Mix the pork with the onions and remaining ingredients. Fry a little mix to cook through and check for seasoning.
- Place in a piping bag and pipe into puff pastry, roll over and seal.
- Cut into 15cm lengths and place on a baking tray lined with parchment.
- Mix the egg yolks and milk together, and brush the sausage rolls all over.
- Leave for 30 mins then repeat to guarantee an attractive glaze.
- Bake for 20 mins at 200C in a preheated oven, then turn the trays and bake for another 15mins at 180C.
- Leave to cool for 15mins, then trim the edges and serve with a generous helping of homemade piccalilli.