- 3 tablespoons Brookfarm Macadamia nut oil
- 5 red shallotsfinely diced
- 300 grams sashimi gradefirm white fish fillet cut into matchbox size pieces (Mackerel, Blue eye trevalla)
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- tomatoseeds removed and finely diced
- 1/4 red onionfinely diced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 potatoescut into 5mm cubes
- 1 Limecut in half
- 1.5 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 small fresh chilli
- 6 chivescut into 2cm lengths
- Lightly fry shallots in the olive oil over a low heat until golden (approx 8 minutes). Set aside.
- Put the fish pieces in the freezer for 10 minutes, or until quite firm. Be careful to make sure it does not freeze.
- Using a very sharp knife, slice the fish into 3mm thick slices and lay on a chilled platter, in an overlapping pattern. Scatter the coriander leaves over the top, then sprinkle with the diced tomato and red onion. Season with sea salt and ground white pepper.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium- high heat and fry the potato for 6 minutes, or until golden and just cooked. Sprinkle over the fish. Squeeze over lime and then drizzle over the soy sauce. Scatter the chilli and chives on top.
- Reheat the shallot oil over a medium- high heat until it is sizzling and drizzle over the fish, to serve