1 cup oats
3/4 cup almondsor walnuts
4 tbsp jaggery powderor brown sugar
1/3 cup melted butteror coconut oil
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup Water
1 cup Sugar
2/3 cup Cream
3 tbsp Butter
1 tsp vanilla essenceor 1/2 vanilla pod
1 tsp Sea Salt(to taste)
200 gr dark cooking chocolate
200 gr Fresh Cream
1 tbsp melted butter
1/2 tsp Salt
How to Make the Tart Base:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C.
- Blend the oats, nuts, and sugar to a coarse texture.
- Add the melted butter or coconut oil and vanilla essence, and blend till combined.
- Press the mix evenly into a loose bottomed tart tin.
- Bake for 10 mins, until the crust has browned.
How to Make the Salted Caramel:
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan, heat the water and sugar.
- Stir till the sugar has dissolved and begins to bubble.
- Increase the heat to high and let it bubble. Do not stir. Let the mixture boil till it turns an amber, light golden color. This may take up to 10 mins.
- Remove from the heat and slowly whisk in the cream. Be careful of any bubbling and splattering.
- Add in the vanilla, butter, and salt and mix together. Adjust the salt according to taste.
- Use immediately or allow to cool and refrigerate and reheat in a microwave.
- It can store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
How to Make the Chocolate Ganache:
- Heat the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Add the cream and stir till the chocolate starts to melt.
- Add the salt and butter and keep stirring till the chocolate is fully melted and incorporated with the cream.
How to Assemble it:
- Pour the chocolate ganache into the baked base and drizzle over salted caramel.
- To finish the look, add some orange slices and mint leaves.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours until set.
- Demould the tart. Cut it into slices and serve.