- 4 sprigs Thymefresh
- 2 cloves Garlicpeeled
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon black peppercoarsely ground
- 400 grams fillet of salmoncleaned of small bones, skin and the grey strip between the skin and the pink meat
- 1-1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 2 bunches Parsleyfresh
- 1 bunch corianderfresh
- 2 spring onionswhite part only
- 30 grams toasted peanuts
- 30 grams toasted almonds
- 30 grams toasted pumpkin seeds
- 30 grams toasted sunflower seeds
- Lemon Juicefresh
- Spread the bottom of a large pan with half the thyme, garlic and spices.
- Lay the fish fillet on the spices.
- Pour enough olive oil to completely cover the fish and spread the rest of the thyme and spices above it.
- Put the pan on the stove and cook over the lowest flame for about half an hour.
- The salmon is ready when its color becomes light pink, and the flesh is still slightly rare inside.
- Transfer the fish and the spices into a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. (The fish will keep refrigerated for 4-5 days).
- Remove the lower third of the parsley and coriander stems and coarsely chop the leaves.
- Slice the spring onions.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Coarsely chop the peanuts, almonds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds and add to the bowl.
- Remove the fish from the oil, crumble it and add to the salad.
- Season with about 4 tbsp of the oil in which you cooked the fish, lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Lightly mix the salad and serve immediately. (The oil can be strained and used for frying or seasoning other fish dishes).