Orange Miso Glaze
- 1 quart orange juice
- 1/2 cup miso
- 1 block tofu
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 pounds Carrots
- 5 shallotssliced
- canola oilenough to coat carrots
- 1 tablespoon berbere spice
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup orange miso glaze
- tofu pureeas needed
This delicious roasted carrots with orange miso glaze and tofu puree was developed by Chef Marcus Samuelsson for the Red Rooster Harlem restaurant in New York City. It’s a delicious vegetarian dish that has became a popular option at the Red Rooster Harlem.
How to Prepare the Orange Miso Glaze
- Reduce orange juice by half, whisk in miso.
How to Prepare the Tofu Puree
- Puree all ingredients in a vitaprep.
How to Prepare the Roasted Carrots
- Toss carrots with shallots, berbere spice, salt and canola oil.
- Roast in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes turning half way through the roasting process.
- Just before serving, toss carrots in orange miso glaze, roast for 5 minutes in 400 degree oven to glaze the carrots.
- Dot with tofu puree before serving.