Halibut, Beetroot and Dressing
- 4 Halibut fillets
- 1 beetrootcooked and diced
- 100 grams black pudding
- 100 grams cured bacon
- 30 millilitres cabernet vinegar
- 200 millilitres red wine
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 30 millilitres Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 1 tablespoon crème fraiche
- Reduce the red wine & sugar by half over a low heat to sauce consistency.
- Add the vinegar, reduce in a hot oiled pan.
- Toss in the bacon & pudding until lightly brown.
- Add to sauce with the beetroot, season to taste & keep warm.
- In a hot oiled pan, sear the halibut on both sides for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper & lemon juice.
- Finish in the oven for 5 minutes at 180 C (350 F).
- Mix the horseradish & crème Fraiche & mix until creamy.