280 grams Riso Gran Riserva Carnaroli
250 grams Italian veal sausage
50 grams Butter
60 grams Parmigiano Reggiano24 months aged
100 millilitres extra virgin olive oil
180 grams Taleggio
50 millilitres Frangelico
1 litre Vegetable Stock
flat leaf parsley
2 grams Thyme
- Prepare a nice and light vegetables stock.
- Cut in small cubes the Taleggio.
- Chop the Shallots very thin.
- In a heavy based saucepan melt the butter and add the shallots, soften over a low heat without colouring.
- Add the sausage and roast it until nicely coloured.
- Add the rice, with a pinch of salt, and stir continuously until the rice is nicely toasted but not coloured.
- Next add the white wine and stir until evaporated.
- Cover the rice with the vegetable stock and a pinch of salt.
- Continue to cook the rice over a medium heat stirring constantly adding vegetable stock until the rice is cooked al dente, about 15 min.
- To finish the risotto beat in the taleggio and add to the rice parmesan, the remaining butter, thyme, parsley and a shot of Frangelico.
- Season it to taste.
- * Tips: To have a nice al dente and all’onda risotto: once the risotto is cooked take it off of the heat, add all the ingredients list it above and leave it to rest for 1 minute covered with a clean towel.