- 100 g "00" flour
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 80 g green pistachios
- 150 g goat ricotta
- 200 ml whipping cream
- 200 ml Veal Stockgood-quality
- 200 g Williams pears
- 50 g Brown Sugar
- 50 ml Olive Oil
- 30 g licorice powder
- 200 ml Milk
- 50 g Butter
- 100 g foie gras
- fleur de sel
Ravioli with Pistachios and Ricotta, Pear Purée, Foie Gras, Veal and Cream Sauce is one of the most popular dishes at fine dining restaurant Restavracija JB, Ljubljana. Recipe was provided by Chef Tomaž Bratovž, who runs the restaurant together with his father.
How to cook:
- Combine the flour, yolks and salt and knead to form a dough. Leave to rest for half an hour at room temperature.
- For the filling, finely chop the pistachios, then blend in Thermomix with the ricotta, salt and pepper until a smooth. Simmer the fresh cream on low heat until it turns slightly brown and develops a nutty aroma.
- Core the pears, cut into quarters, toss with sugar and olive oil, and bake for 15 minutes at 170°C. Process the baked pears to make a purée.
- Mix the licorice with the milk, seal it into a vacuum sealer bag, then place into a water bath (sous-vide) for 2 hours at 80°C. Take it out of the water bath, but leave in the bag, and leave overnight to allow the flavor to develop.
- Roll the dough thinly and cut out 5 to 6 cm circles. Place pistachio filling in the middle, fold the dough to make ravioli and seal the edges. Cook for 10 minutes in salted water.
How to serve:
- Warm the licorice milk and blend with a stick mixer to make froth.
- Sauté the cooked ravioli in butter and arrange onto a plate.
- Pour the cream and veal stock over the ravioli.
- Add the pear purée, licorice froth and slices of fresh foie gras, seasoned with fleur de sel.