40 gr dried plums
40 gr dried apricots
40 gr dried apples
40 gr dried pears
350 ml Water
40 gr white sugar
Potato starch water:
2 Tbsp potato starch
2 Tbsp Water
Fruit soup is a must-have dessert for Christmas in Finland. The Finnish way is to serve this fruit soup over milk porridge.
How to Make Fruit Soup:
- Cut the dried fruit into bite-sized pieces. Note: The most common dried fruit is a mixture of prunes, apricots, apples, and pears. In Finland, they are sold pre-mixed. Fig is nice also.
- Put the water and dried fruit in a pressure cooker and heat over a medium heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes after steam is released.
- Alternatively, put the water and dried fruit in a regular pot, cover with a lid, and place over medium heat.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes until soft.
- Uncover and add the sugar.
- In another container, mix cold water and potato starch to make potato starch water.
- Pour the potato starch water into the soup, mixing well.
- Heat the soup for a while to thicken it.
- Serve with milk porridge.
- Can be served hot or cold.